87.5% of the money that supports family ministry comes from donors like you
Only a fraction of every dollar contributed to Focus on the Family comes from the sale of home-strengthening materials or other sources. So we must rely on the generosity of friends like you who benefit from family ministry. That's why we're very serious about earning your trust by using your support carefully and conservatively. If you find value in this ministry, please prayerfully consider supporting us now.
> GIVE NOW!
Efficiency and effectiveness
Every dollar you give to help support family is stretched to provide maximum impact and efficiency. We will honor your gifts — many of which we know are sacrificial — by being wise and careful stewards.
In fact, more than 80% of Focus on the Family's efforts are delivered directly to families through pure and direct ministry that depends on the generosity of friends like you, including:
- A caring, efficient constituent services team that encourages and assists families with questions and problems. This year alone, they'll answer close to a million phone calls.
- A staff of highly qualified counselors who help desperate people in crisis at no cost. They'll counsel more than 55,000 people in the coming year.
Family ministry: 85%
As the chart shows, 85 cents of every dollar you give goes directly to ministry that strengthens families, brings people to Christ and helps them grow in Him.
Meeting the highest ethical standards
Focus on the Family is committed to absolute integrity and transparency in fundraising. That's why we conform to the standards established by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), an accreditation agency created to ensure ethical fundraising and administration practices.
Focus on the Family (Canada) Assoc. adheres to the high standards established by the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC).
Your personal information is secure
We will never sell or rent our list of friends and donors. And we will maintain the highest security for that list, donor gift records and online giving systems. Rest assured, your personal information is safe and secure.
How your gifts will be used
Every gift to support Focus on the Family is used wisely and conservatively to help provide a wide variety of ministries to families, ranging from radio programs to, publications, books and even counseling — especially those that cannot afford the help they need.
Here's how your gift will help:
> GIVE NOW!
- When husbands and wives seek greater trust, communication and intimacy, your gift will help strengthen marriages.
- When parents need child-rearing guidance, your gift will help equip them to succeed in this highest of callings.
- When families struggle with confusion, grief and tragedy, your gift will help them find answers, healing and hope.
- When people reach out for God's love and His plan for families, your gift will help bring them closer to Him.
Integrity in fundraising
The way an organization handles its finances is a reflection of its integrity and reliability in every area. Here are six principles and policies that guide our fundraising:
- We believe that this ministry belongs to God and that we are merely His managers and stewards. He calls us to be accountable to His objectives, interests and concerns.
- The Lord gives and the Lord takes away (Job 1:21). As long as He supplies the means, we will serve others in His name. We understand that the future of His work does not depend upon the survival of this organization.
- We won't hesitate to let you know about our financial circumstances, both in the good times and in the bad. But we will not beg or resort to disrespectful or dishonorable fundraising, nor will we try to raise more money than we need.
- We will try not to run the ministry at a deficit. If on occasion it becomes necessary to borrow funds to cover large or unforeseen expenses, we will do our best to repay the loan as quickly as possible.
- We believe that your first financial obligation is to the local church. We request that you support the work of your own faith community first, before you contribute to Focus on the Family.
- We will receipt all of your gifts and show the fair market value of any materials requested and sent, so that you can determine the tax-deductible portion of your gifts.
These guidelines have defined our philosophy of financial stewardship and shaped our approach to fundraising. They are based upon a firm conviction that everything we are and everything we have comes to us by the grace of God. If we remain faithful, we're confident that the Lord will sustain us while His purposes for this ministry endure.