Perseverance is a valuable character quality for children to learn more about.
When we persevere, we:
- Do our best with what we have.
- Keep trying; we don't quit or give up easily.
- Never make excuses for obstacles that get in the way of getting something done. Instead we look for ways to remove or work around the obstacles.
There is a saying that says, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again."
Spend some time with your child explaining the importance of "staying the course" and doing the best you can.
- Go over the Perseverance (pdf) poster together and put it on the refrigerator.
- Read the story, Look Who Persevered!, with your child and discuss the questions at the end.
- Do the activity (to reinforce the perseverance character trait).