Activity: What Does Courage Mean To You?
Character Crew: Courage
1. Tell your child about a time when you were in a scary situation, but used courage to succeed. Next, ask and discuss the questions:
- What does courage mean to you? Give examples.
- How do you feel when you are brave?
2. Ask your child, "Who is your hero?" Work with your child to write a story about the hero. Encourage him or her to explain how the hero has courage.
3. Help your child circle the one word in each line that is spelled correctly. Discuss the definitions of each word.
Copyright © 2004, Focus on the Family.