Our Position (Pro-Gay Theology)
Focus on the Family is dedicated to defending the honor, dignity and value of the two sexes as created in God's image.
- Focus on the Family is dedicated to defending the honor, dignity and value of the two sexes as created in God's image – intentionally male and female – each bringing unique and complementary qualities to sexuality and relationships.
- Sexuality is a glorious gift from God – meant to be offered back to Him either in marriage for procreation, union and mutual delight or in celibacy for undivided devotion to Christ.
- Pro-gay revisionist theology violates God's intentional design for gender and sexuality.
- We affirm God's design for sexual expression as between one man and one woman in the context of a lifelong, marital covenant.
- We strenuously disagree with pro-gay revisionist theology as plainly contradictory to Scripture, historic and traditional Christian doctrine and the Judeo-Christian sexual ethic.
- We oppose the ordination of non-celibate, self-identified homosexuals and the celebration of homoerotic sexuality as one of God's gifts.
Copyright © 2008 Focus on the Family. All rights reserved. International copyright secured.