If you've read through some or all of this Social Issues content and you're wondering how you can make a difference for your family — for your values — for your community, look no further.
We've assembled some of the easiest ways you can get involved, keep updated on the issues that matter to your family and make your voice heard.
- Focus on the Family Citizen® magazine, published 10 times a year, sets the record straight on the issues that affect your family, your community and your church. You'll read about local heroes and find practical steps to help you make a difference. If you want a nation that honors faith, family and freedom, Citizen is for you. Subscribe today.
- Social Issues emails, sent weekly from Focus on the Family, keep you updated on the most current issues impacting the family and family values. Sign up today by entering your email address and then checking the “Social and Moral Updates and Alerts” box.
- Do you want to dig deeper in developing a Christian worldview? Visit Focus on the Family's The Truth Project website for information about training conferences and how to join a small group in your area.
- We know state and local issues impact your family as much as policies coming out of our nation's capital. That's why we're proud to recommend our network of associated Family Policy Councils, which lead the social issues efforts in most states across the country. Please connect with the group in your state and see how you can make a difference close to home – by visiting the Family Policy Council webpage.
- Focus on the Family's partner organization, CitizenLink (formerly Focus on the Family Action), is a family advocacy organization that invites you to join a movement of like-minded citizens who want to protect the family and transform the culture of our country. On CitizenLink.com, you can learn more, sign up for the CitizenLink Daily Update email and make your voice heard through the Action Center!
And if this Social Issues information has inspired you to make a difference — whether at your local PTA meeting, by calling a legislator or sharing your views on the issues that impact families — please take a few moments to let us know. We'd love to hear your stories of engaging the culture and making a difference in your sphere of influence! Just send us an email.
For additional ways you can make a difference, continue through the "Making a Difference" articles. You'll find tips for contacting your legislators, testifying before a legislative committee and examples to guide you.