pencil or marker
plastic Easter eggs
1. Choose one or more Bible verses about Jesus. Here are a few suggestions:
“He loved us and sent his Son.”—1 John 4:10
“He is not here! He has risen.”—Matthew 28:6
“Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life.’ ”—John 11:25
“Believe in the Lord Jesus. Then you and your family will be saved.”—Acts 16:31
2. Write each verse on a piece of paper, leaving space between each word.
3. Cut the verse into words or phrases.
4. Place one piece of paper in each plastic egg. If you use several verses, put all the words for a verse in one egg.
5. Ask a parent to hide the eggs.
6. Gather siblings or friends and hunt for the eggs together.
7. Open the eggs and put the words for each verse in the right order.
8. Read each verse aloud and talk about it what it means.