mug or small bucket
small piece of Styrofoam
colorful scrap paper
pen or pencil
small hole punch
1. Place Styrofoam inside small container.
2. Ask a parent to push dull side of wooden skewer into center of Styrofoam.
3. Invite family members to write a favorite memory from the year inside each piece of paper. You can also write a prayer for a family member or friend.
4. Fold paper into a square. If paper is thick, use a small hole punch to create a hole. Then, starting with larger squares, push papers onto the skewer to form a Christmas tree.
5. On Christmas Day, take turns opening and sharing each memory or prayer!