bird patterns (click here to download)
large googly eye
silk or plastic holly leaves and berries
7-inch Christmas string or ribbon
1. Download the bird and wing patterns. Print and cut out.
2. Trace the wing pattern onto the curved edge of paper plate so the wing’s edge looks ruffled. Cut out wing.
3. Trace the cardinal pattern on center of the plate. Cut out.
4. If using a white plate, paint bird and wing red and let them dry. (A red plate also works.)
5. Cut out the bird’s face and color the beak with orange marker.
6. Glue on face, googly eye, top wing, holly leaves and berries.
7. Paint clothespin red and let it dry. Glue to back of bird to look like a tail.
8. Tape string or ribbon to back of bird for a hanger. Tape twig as shown.
9. Hang your ornament or give it to someone special.