1 15-ounce can pumpkin
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup water
3 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Mix canned pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs and water in a medium bowl.
3. In a second bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Add pecans, if you want.
5. Pour batter into two greased loaf pans. Bake for 60-65 minutes.
6. Cool completely on wire rack. Slice and serve to family and friends.