candy: Bit-O-Honey, Skor bar, Snickers, Good & Plenty, 100 Grand, Milky Way, Mounds, Hershey Kisses, Hershey Hugs
small package of nuts
1. Write the following message in pencil on poster board, leaving room for the candy words in brackets:
Dear Grandpa and Grandma,
You are sweeter than a [BIT-O-HONEY]. I feel like I [SKOR] when we are together. We always have fun and [SNICKERS].
I am [NUTS] about spending time with you.
Thank you for teaching me [GOOD & PLENTY] about life and the Bible. You are worth more than [100 GRAND].
Thank you for your prayers. I know they go way beyond the [MILKY WAY] to the heart of God.
I love you [MOUNDS].
[HUGS] and [KISSES], [Your Name]
2. Tape candy and nuts in place with clear adhesive tape.
3. When the spacing is right, trace the words with markers.
4. Decorate the card with drawings or stickers.
5. Deliver this sweet message to your grandparents on Grandparents’ Day (the Sunday after Labor Day).
For long-distance grandparents:
If your grandparents don’t live close enough to deliver the card, mail them the candy and a smaller card. Include the same message, but draw pictures where you would have taped the treats, and put the candy and nuts in a zip-top plastic bag. As you mail the package, pray that God will bless your grandparents.