toilet paper tube
acrylic craft paints
cutouts, jewels or sequins
ribbon or rickrack
1. Paint the inside of the tube with acrylic craft paint.
2. Paint the outside of the tube. Let it dry.
3. Press the tube flat.
4. Cut it into five 3/4-inch pieces. (You will have a small piece left.)
5. Pull each piece into a leaf shape. Brush the outsides with glue and press into a plate of glitter. Shake off the extra. Let the pieces dry.
6. With a parent’s help, put hot glue on both sides of one end of the pieces. Press the pieces together to form a star shape with the ends touching in the center.
7. You can make your star super festive by gluing on cutouts, jewels or sequins. Tie on a 6-inch piece of ribbon or rickrack. Use your sparkly star as an ornament or gift.