old, unwrapped crayons
plastic jewels, glitter or sequins (optional)
1. Mom or Dad will need to help you with this project.
2. Cut two pieces of white paper to fit your picture frame.
3. Cover a cold electric griddle with foil. Ask a parent to turn it to low heat. As you work, make sure you do not touch the griddle surface.
4. Press the tip of a crayon on the foil until a small puddle forms.
5. Choose another color and make another puddle right next to the first puddle. Continue until your cluster of puddles is as big as your paper.
6. Place one paper on top of the puddle and gently press it down with the eraser end of a pencil. When the paper looks soaked, ask a parent to pick it up off the foil and set it aside to cool. Make a second crayon design. Turn off the griddle.
7. To create an egg design, cut out the shape of an egg from one of the designs. Glue it onto a smooth piece of foil and trim the edges, leaving some of the foil showing. Glue egg onto the other design.
8. If you want, decorate your picture with polka dots or stripes.
9. Ask Mom or Dad to put your crayon egg in the frame. Then hang up your creation to remind you that Jesus died for your sins and is alive!