black and green paint (acrylic or tempera)
2 white paper plates
light colored paper large enough to wrap your gift
red 1/2-inch pompoms
1. Put black paint on a paper plate. Swirl it around with your fingers to cover the middle of the plate, about 1/8-inch thick.
2. Have a parent cut a 10-inch-long pine branch. Dip branch into paint to cover one side of the needles with paint.
3. Beginning at the top of your paper, drag branch left to right. Dip branch into paint again. Repeat all the way down the paper. Let dry.
4. For holly leaves, paint paper plate green on both sides. Let dry.
5. Draw three holly leaves on paper plate. Cut out leaves.
6. Carefully bend each leaf to make it look real.
7. Glue leaves together to make a V shape.
8. Glue red pompoms to base of leaves.
9. Tie raffia strips around package. Curl ends around a pen or pencil.
10. Glue holly onto package.