1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
2-1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
red and green colored sugar
cake pop sticks
1. With a parent’s help, beat butter and sugar in a bowl. Add milk and vanilla.
2. Slowly add flour and salt while mixing.
3. Add cranberries, pecans and coconut.
4. Divide the dough in half. Roll each half into a log 2 inches in diameter.
5. Roll one log in green sugar and the other in red sugar. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Slice chilled dough into 1/4-inch circles.
8. Slide a cake pop stick into the bottom of each cookie.
9. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!