2 pie crusts
pie filling: apple, cherry, etc.
9-inch pie pan
ice cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Unroll one pie crust and place it in a pie pan. Pinch edge of crust with your fingers to make a design.
3. Fill crust with your favorite fruit filling.
4. Trace a grandparent’s hand on wax paper. Then trace one of your hands. Cut out hand patterns.
5. For top crust, lay second pie crust flat on a lightly floured surface. Place hand patterns on crust and cut out hand shapes with a butter knife.
6. Overlap hands on top of fruit for top crust.
7. Place pie on cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 375 degrees F. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until crust is golden brown.
8. Let pie cool. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.