1 pound ground sausage
3 tablespoons oil
2 cups cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1-1/2 teaspoons thyme
2 packages crescent roll dough, chilled
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. With a parent’s help, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add sausage. Carefully break into small pieces with spatula. Add potatoes, onion and thyme. Cook until sausage is browned.
4. Separate the dough triangles on a clean surface. Fold over the longest side of the triangle to make each side more even. Spread out dough with your fingers.
5. Place one spoonful of meat filling in the center of each dough triangle.
6. Pinch together the dough corners to form a triangle packet. Press edges together to seal.
7. If desired, roll the packets in breadcrumbs.
8. Place packets on cookie sheet.
9. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until packets are puffed and brown.
10. Remove from oven and let cool.