2 cups flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Sift together the first five ingredients.
3. Cut in softened butter, then stir in orange juice and dried cranberries. (The less you handle the dough, the fluffier your scones will be.)
4. Divide dough into two halves. Pat each section into a circle, 3/4-inch thick. Cut into triangles using a floured knife.
5. Bake scones 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
6. Serve warm. Add jam and Devonshire cream.