tulip pattern (click here to download)
sugar cookie dough
green construction paper (optional)
glue or tape
1. Print out the tulip pattern (download here) or draw your own on a piece of cardstock. Cut it out and use it as a guide for your cookies.
2. Roll out cookie dough into a circle that is 1/4 inch thick.
3. Place your tulip pattern on the dough. Cut around it with a butter knife.
4. Put three uncooked cookies at each end of a cookie sheet. Gently push a craft stick into the center of each cookie for a stem.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Immediately remove cookies from the pan with a spatula. Place them on a sheet of waxed paper. Don’t pick them up until they’re completely cool.
7. Stir food coloring into icing to make spring colors.
8. Use a butter knife to spread icing on cooled cookies.
9. Add leaves cut out of green paper. Glue or tape them to the sticks.