In Australia, this popular dish is served with brown gravy or a thin tomato sauce similar to ketchup. It also tastes delicious served for breakfast with maple syrup.
2 tablespoons oil
8 to 12 brown-and-serve sausage links
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Pour oil into an 8-inch-square baking pan. Arrange sausages in pan. Bake about 5 minutes.
3. While sausages cook, combine eggs, milk, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat with wire whisk until well mixed.
4. When sausages are cooked, ask an adult to remove the pan from the oven and place on a hot pad or cooling rack.
5. Spoon batter over sausages, but don’t completely cover them.
6. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, until dough is golden and puffy.