1. Dampen coffee filter with water.
2. Paint coffee filter with watercolors. The colors will bleed, making a tie-dye effect.
Tip: For bolder colors, place a paper plate under the coffee filter before you paint. Let the filter dry on the plate.
3. Paint clothespin a solid color for the body.
4. Set painted filter and clothespin in the sun to dry.
5. Pinch coffee filter in the middle to create wings.
6. Open the clothespin. Attach wings with a dab of glue.
7. Bend a pipe cleaner in half to form antennae and glue to clothespin.
8. Shape each wing by pinching edge. Secure with a dab of glue.
9. Glue on googly eyes.
10. Make two butterflies: one to keep and one to share.