brown, green, red, orange and yellow construction paper
1. On a perfect fall day, gather leaves as a family.
2. From brown construction paper, make a tree with lots of branches. Tape it to a door or the refrigerator.
3. Trace the leaves onto construction paper and cut them out. Fill a bowl with these paper leaves and place the felt-tip pen beside it.
4. Ask family members to write things they are thankful for on the leaves and tape them onto the tree branches. Start a week or two before Thanksgiving.
5. Once the branches are full, tape leaves at the bottom of the tree as though they had fallen.
6. On Thanksgiving Day, gather to read the leaves. Your family will be amazed at the many ways God has blessed you! Save the leaves in a manila envelope with the year on it. When discouraging times occur in your family, pull out the envelope and count your blessings!