white oven-bake clay
small cookie cutter (optional)
key ring and cord
1. Roll a small piece of clay into a ball.
2. Place onto aluminum foil.
3. Flatten clay to 1/2 inch thick. For extra fun, cut clay into shapes with a cookie cutter.
4. Press your thumb into clay and carefully remove, leaving an impression of your fingerprint.
5. Carve your name beside thumbprint with a toothpick.
6. Use straw to make a small hole near the top.
7. Place clay and foil on baking sheet.
8. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Bake for 15 minutes, then let cool.
9. Paint clay and let dry. You may have to use multiple coats.
10. Put on key ring and cord.
11. Give keychain to a grandparent on Grandparents Day in September.