2 cups flour
1 cup butter, chilled
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
3 medium apples
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix the first four ingredients until dough forms.
2. Roll out half the dough until it will fill a 9-inch pie pan. You may need to use flour on the rolling pin.
3. Trim the crust so it comes to the edge of the pie pan.
4. Put the crust in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees F, until golden.
5. While crust is baking, have a parent help you cut and core the apples. Thinly slice the apples and place them in a medium bowl.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until apples are coated.
7. Put the filling in the partially baked crust. Roll out the remaining dough for the top crust. Pinch it into place.
8. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
9. Remove pie from oven, cool, cut, and enjoy!