1 teaspoon paprika
4 teaspoons sugar, divided
1-1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
1 teaspoon water
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1. In a small bowl, combine paprika, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, thyme, lemon pepper, cayenne pepper and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper.
2. Sprinkle mixed seasonings over both sides of chicken and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, water, vinegar and remaining sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and chill one cup of mixture for serving. Save remaining sauce for basting.
4. With a parent’s help, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with sauce.
5. Serve with the chilled sauce for a zesty flavor!