4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt
6 corn tortillas, torn into small pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can no-bean chili
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup jack cheese, grated
1. Place chicken breasts in a large pot. Add enough water to cover the chicken completely, along with salt. Bring to a boil, then cook 15-20 minutes.
2. Carefully pour off water, saving 1/2 cup stock for later. Cool chicken in refrigerator.
3. Once chicken cools, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a glass baking dish.
4. With a parent’s help, dice chicken into bite-sized pieces. Layer chicken into baking dish.
5. Top with corn tortillas.
6. In a bowl, mix together cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, chili and 1/2 cup reserved chicken stock. Spread mixture over tortillas.
7. Top with grated cheeses.
8. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.