1/2 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon butter
pinch of salt
2/3 cups Irish (or steel-cut) oats
1. Stir butter and salt into boiling water until butter melts.
2. Pulse oats in a blender or food processor three times.
3. Pour water mixture over oats. Let soak for a few minutes.
4. Preheat a greased griddle at medium heat.
5. Sprinkle flour onto flat surface. Roll out oat dough until 1/4-inch thick.
6. Using a biscuit cutter or glass, cut dough into 2-inch rounds.
7. Grill oatcakes for 7-10 minutes, then flip and cook until crispy.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Serve oatcakes with sharp cheese or jam.