5 cups water
14 ounces chicken broth
5 cups frozen cube-style hash browns
2 teaspoons seasoning salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup bacon bits
1/2 cup grated Colby jack cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1. Combine water, broth and hash browns in a pot and place on stove over high heat.
2. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add salt and garlic powder. Simmer on medium for 15 minutes.
4. Add bacon bits, cheese, milk and butter. Stir continuously until cheese melts (about 5 minutes).
5. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top and enjoy with your family.