Did you ever wonder how Thanksgiving became an official U.S. holiday? Read “Godmother of Thanksgiving” in the November 2021 issue of Clubhouse. Then celebrate with this traditional side dish.
5 large sweet potatoes
1 stick butter, melted (plus 2 tablespoons)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup half and half
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Boil for 20 minutes or until tender.
3. Grease a casserole dish with extra butter.
4. Once sweet potatoes are tender, drain and mash.
5. Mix in melted butter, sugar, eggs, half and half, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into casserole dish.
6. Bake 30-35 minutes. Serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup.