Today over 40% of marriages include a spouse previously married. As these blended families consider creating or updating wills and estate plans, they often find a new level of complexity in decision making.
Important issues like, properly providing for the new spouse without accidentally disinheriting biological children and making appropriate custody plans for minor children, are often top of mind.
This guide is here to help you start the conversation and consider key questions like:
- Do I need an estate plan?
- What does a proper estate plan address?
- How do I make the best decisions for my family?
- Do I need to be concerned about taxes?
- What is the difference between a Will and a Trust?
Focus on the Family’s Planned Giving team is here to help walk you through these important questions.