1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet.
2. Completely combine butter, both sugars, egg and vanilla.
3. Mix in oats, coconut and chocolate chips.
4. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda.
5. Add flour mixture to the first bowl. Combine thoroughly.
6. Form dough into walnut-sized balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
7. Press down cookies with fork.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.