1/2 carrot, peeled
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 red onion
1 pound cooked meatballs
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups spaghetti sauce
3 pieces string cheese
1. Grate carrot and bell pepper. With a parent’s help, mince the onion.
2. Warm meatballs in oven.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour sauce over vegetables. Let cook, stirring often.
5. When the sauce boils, reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
6. Chop string cheese into 1/2-inch pieces.
7. Set out meatballs, cheese and sauce in bowls.
8. With your skewer, stab a piece of cheese and a meatball. Dip meat into sauce.