Focus on the Family offers one-time complimentary consultation from a Christian perspective. We also offer referrals for licensed Christian counselors in your area.
To reach Focus on the Family's counseling service by phone, call 1-800-A-Family (232-6459) weekdays 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Mountain Time). Please be prepared to leave your contact information for a counselor or chaplain to return a call to you as soon as possible. The consultation is available at no cost to you. You may also reach our counselors online by filling out our Counseling Request Form.
Questions to ask yourself
Have you spent a great deal of time during the past few weeks thinking and worrying about this issue; are you unable to get it off your mind?
- Have you experienced a sudden weight loss or gain recently? Loss of appetite? Sleeping difficulties?
- Have you experienced difficulty concentrating or an inability to focus on the task at hand?
- Have you experienced prolonged feelings of hopelessness and despair?
- Have you begun to use alcohol or other drugs excessively, perhaps to self-medicate?
- Have you noticed a decrease in your patience and ability to manage frustration and an increase in the frequency and intensity of anger?
- Have you noticed a change in any behaviors in your spouse or other close family members which trouble you?
If you answered "yes" to any of the questions, you may benefit from speaking with a professional Christian counselor. We offer a one-time consultation at no cost to you.
Would you like a referral to a Christian counselor in your area?
The counseling staff may also be able to help you find a professional counselor in your region who can provide more in-depth and long-term help (service limited to the United States and select regions in Canada).
Phone referral for U.S. callers:
Call 1-800-A-FAMILY weekdays 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Mountain Time)
Phone referral for Canadian callers:
Call 1-800-661-9800 weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Use our counseling referral database to find a professional in your area.
For more details, review frequently asked questions about counseling services.
Intensive Marriage Counseling
Thousands of marriages, situations as complex and painful as yours, have been transformed with the help of professionals who understand where you are right now and care deeply about where you and your spouse wind up in the future.
The National Institute of Marriage joined with Focus on the Family to help marriages on the brink of divorce. So before you and your spouse close the door forever, you owe it to yourselves and possibly your children to give saving your marriage one more try.
Here you will find personalized, intimate programs for restoring individuals and rebuilding marriages. They are new beginnings, even for husbands and wives who think all hope is lost.
You can reach the National Institute of Marriage at their website.
- Focus on the Family will not call another person on your behalf (i.e. your spouse or child)--the information entered below must be yours.
- Phone consultations are kept confidential except in those few situations that licensed counselors are not legally able to do so.