Engaging the Culture
Christians are called to support the institutions of family, church, and government, according to God’s design and purpose.
The Importance of Social Responsibility
We believe that God has ordained the social institutions of family, church, and government for the benefit of mankind and as a reflection of His divine nature. Therefore, Christians are called to support these institutions, according to God’s design and purpose, and to protect them against destructive social influences. Such involvement is in obedience to Christ’s lordship over all creation and is required by His command to care for the well-being of all people.
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
“And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body.” Ephesians 1:22-23a
“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” Romans 13:1
The Latest from The Daily Citizen
- New HBO Documentary “Nuclear Family” Shows Unanticipated Downsides of Same-Sex Families September 28, 2021
- NYC Woman Writes 4,000 Thank You Cards to Police Officers: ‘Grateful for Your Service’ September 28, 2021
- Daily Headlines | Tuesday September 28, 2021 September 28, 2021
What is The Daily Citizen?
The Daily Citizen exists to be your most trustworthy news source. Our team of analysts is devoted to giving you timely and relevant analysis of current events and cultural trends – all from a biblical worldview – so that you can be inspired and assured that the information you share with others comes from a reliable source.
Latest from DALYFocus: Jim Daly's Blog
- The Four Most Important Choices You Can Make as a Parent September 28, 2021I’ve interviewed parenting experts who say, “Let go, and allow your kids to make mistakes.” “That’s easier said than done!” is how most parents would answer back. Author Crystal Paine discovered just how hard parenting can be in the drop-off lane at school. The principal stopped her husband, Jesse, and asked for a meeting. Their […]
What is DALYFocus?
Jim Daly is a husband, father and President of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame broadcast. His blog, Daly Focus, is full of timely commentary and wisdom designed to help you navigate and understand today’s culture.
Latest from the PluggedIn Blog
- You Wanna Drag the Kids to … China? September 27, 2021
- Plugged In Pick, Movies: Come From Away September 24, 2021
- The Plugged In Show, Episode 95: Is Rock Dead? No One Told Skillet … Or Switchfoot … Or Imagine Dragons September 23, 2021