Engaging the Culture
Christians are called to support the institutions of family, church, and government, according to God’s design and purpose.
The Importance of Social Responsibility
We believe that God has ordained the social institutions of family, church, and government for the benefit of mankind and as a reflection of His divine nature. Therefore, Christians are called to support these institutions, according to God’s design and purpose, and to protect them against destructive social influences. Such involvement is in obedience to Christ’s lordship over all creation and is required by His command to care for the well-being of all people.
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
“And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body.” Ephesians 1:22-23a
“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” Romans 13:1
The Latest from The Daily Citizen
- Loudoun County Physical Ed Teacher Wins Lawsuit After Opposing District Gender Identity Policy November 15, 2021
- North Dakota Governor Signs Bill Banning Critical Race Theory in Public Schools November 15, 2021
- Federal Appeals Court Slams OSHA Vaccination Mandate as ‘Fatally Flawed,’ Blocks It for Now November 15, 2021
What is The Daily Citizen?
The Daily Citizen exists to be your most trustworthy news source. Our team of analysts is devoted to giving you timely and relevant analysis of current events and cultural trends – all from a biblical worldview – so that you can be inspired and assured that the information you share with others comes from a reliable source.
Latest from DALYFocus: Jim Daly's Blog
- Rescuing Your Marriage from Pornography November 16, 2021Pornography destroys marriages. It breeds disconnection instead of intimacy.It deepens secrecy.It creates distrust. The data is astonishing. Josh McDowell did a study which revealed that 79 percent of men in the evangelical church use pornography at least once a month. Fifty-five percent of marriages are negatively impacted by pornography. Many women are in pain because […]
What is DALYFocus?
Jim Daly is a husband, father and President of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame broadcast. His blog, Daly Focus, is full of timely commentary and wisdom designed to help you navigate and understand today’s culture.
Latest from the PluggedIn Blog
- GTA’s Nasty, Hidden, Hot Coffee Is Back. Why Should Parents Care? November 15, 2021
- Plugged In Pick, Music: Ghost November 12, 2021
- The Plugged In Show, Episode 103: Paranormal TV & Clifford the Big Red Dog November 11, 2021