Engaging the Culture
Christians are called to support the institutions of family, church, and government, according to God’s design and purpose.
The Importance of Social Responsibility
We believe that God has ordained the social institutions of family, church, and government for the benefit of mankind and as a reflection of His divine nature. Therefore, Christians are called to support these institutions, according to God’s design and purpose, and to protect them against destructive social influences. Such involvement is in obedience to Christ’s lordship over all creation and is required by His command to care for the well-being of all people.
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
“And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body.” Ephesians 1:22-23a
“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” Romans 13:1
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Died at the Age of 87 September 19, 2020
- David Daleiden Has Filed a Defamation Lawsuit Against Planned Parenthood for its 5 Year Smear Campaign September 18, 2020
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Cites ‘Natural Disaster’ and Extends Election Deadline in ‘Sweeping Victory for Democrats’ September 18, 2020
What is The Daily Citizen?
The Daily Citizen exists to be your most trustworthy news source. Our team of analysts is devoted to giving you timely and relevant analysis of current events and cultural trends – all from a biblical worldview – so that you can be inspired and assured that the information you share with others comes from a reliable source. Visit TheDailyCitizen.org to learn more.
- Aftershock: How to Move Forward After Discovering Your Husband’s Pornography Use September 18, 2020Dara’s son Timothy was turning three, and to celebrate, friends, grandparents and other family members gathered for his birthday party. All had a great time filled with cake, presents and pictures. Proof was captured in Dara’s numerous social media posts. It was the perfect day that every parent looks forward to. Unfortunately, Dara had no […]
What is DALYFocus?
Jim Daly is a husband, father and President of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame broadcast. His blog, Daly Focus, is full of timely commentary and wisdom designed to help you navigate and understand today’s culture. Visit Jimdaly.Focusonthefamily.com to learn more
- The Plugged In Show, Episode 43: Video Gaming’s Next-Gen Future: What to Expect September 17, 2020
- Digitally Dodging Schoolwork September 16, 2020
- What Parents Need to Know About Instagram Reels September 15, 2020
What is the PluggedIn Blog?
Good media discernment is about guarding our eyes and hearts before we watch or listen. And it’s also about grappling with the entertainment we do see or hear. That’s why the Plugged In Blog is devoted to guarding, discussing and grappling. Visit Pluggedin.Focusonthefamily.com to learn more