Engaging the Culture
Christians are called to support the institutions of family, church, and government, according to God’s design and purpose.
The Importance of Social Responsibility
We believe that God has ordained the social institutions of family, church, and government for the benefit of mankind and as a reflection of His divine nature. Therefore, Christians are called to support these institutions, according to God’s design and purpose, and to protect them against destructive social influences. Such involvement is in obedience to Christ’s lordship over all creation and is required by His command to care for the well-being of all people.
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
“And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body.” Ephesians 1:22-23a
“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” Romans 13:1
The Latest from The Daily Citizen
- Abby Johnson Shares How It’s Up to Us to Stop Abortions, Not the President January 27, 2021
- California Legislation Would Create ‘Safe Sites’ for Drug Use and Lower Penalties for Some Drug Offenses January 27, 2021
- Federal Judge Blocks Biden’s 100-Day Deportation Ban Following Texas Lawsuit January 26, 2021
What is The Daily Citizen?
The Daily Citizen exists to be your most trustworthy news source. Our team of analysts is devoted to giving you timely and relevant analysis of current events and cultural trends – all from a biblical worldview – so that you can be inspired and assured that the information you share with others comes from a reliable source.
Latest from DALYFocus: Jim Daly's Blog
- Teacher of the Year January 27, 2021On our program today, we’re airing a classic Focus on the Family Broadcast you won’t want to miss. “Teacher of the Year” is a tribute to teachers, featuring a talk by Guy Doud, voted Teacher of the Year in 1986. His inspirational and humorous message highlights the powerful difference teachers can make when they reach […]
What is DALYFocus?
Jim Daly is a husband, father and President of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame broadcast. His blog, Daly Focus, is full of timely commentary and wisdom designed to help you navigate and understand today’s culture.
What is the PluggedIn Blog?
Good media discernment is about guarding our eyes and hearts before we watch or listen. And it’s also about grappling with the entertainment we do see or hear. That’s why the Plugged In Blog is devoted to guarding, discussing and grappling.
Latest from the PluggedIn Blog
- Three Educational YouTube Channels For Kids January 26, 2021
- What WandaVision Tells Us About Our Own Alternate Realities January 22, 2021
- The Plugged In Show, Episode 61: Tech to Get You and Your Family Moving January 21, 2021