Engaging the Culture
Christians are called to support the institutions of family, church, and government, according to God’s design and purpose.
The Importance of Social Responsibility
We believe that God has ordained the social institutions of family, church, and government for the benefit of mankind and as a reflection of His divine nature. Therefore, Christians are called to support these institutions, according to God’s design and purpose, and to protect them against destructive social influences. Such involvement is in obedience to Christ’s lordship over all creation and is required by His command to care for the well-being of all people.
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
“And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body.” Ephesians 1:22-23a
“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” Romans 13:1
The Latest from The Daily Citizen
- Unanimous Supreme Court Upholds Religious Freedom of Philadelphia Faith-Based Foster Care Agency June 17, 2021
- Once Again, a Colorado Court Finds Jack Phillips of Masterpiece Cakeshop Committed ‘Discrimination’ June 16, 2021
- Number of Children in Child Labor Rises to 160 Million Worldwide June 16, 2021
What is The Daily Citizen?
The Daily Citizen exists to be your most trustworthy news source. Our team of analysts is devoted to giving you timely and relevant analysis of current events and cultural trends – all from a biblical worldview – so that you can be inspired and assured that the information you share with others comes from a reliable source.
Latest from DALYFocus: Jim Daly's Blog
- Encouraging Dads to Be Heroes June 17, 2021You remember Clark Kent. He was a mild-mannered man … until he pulled open his shirt and revealed the superhero outfit underneath that announced his true identity. Then he was Superman, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Dads don’t wear a […]
What is DALYFocus?
Jim Daly is a husband, father and President of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame broadcast. His blog, Daly Focus, is full of timely commentary and wisdom designed to help you navigate and understand today’s culture.
Latest from the PluggedIn Blog
- The Plugged In Show, Episode 81: What’s the Draw With Dystopian Drama? June 17, 2021
- Dear CW: Don’t Mess With the Powerpuff Girls June 16, 2021
- One Person’s Depressed is Another’s ‘Inconclusive’ June 14, 2021