Engaging the Culture
Christians are called to support the institutions of family, church, and government, according to God’s design and purpose.
The Importance of Social Responsibility
We believe that God has ordained the social institutions of family, church, and government for the benefit of mankind and as a reflection of His divine nature. Therefore, Christians are called to support these institutions, according to God’s design and purpose, and to protect them against destructive social influences. Such involvement is in obedience to Christ’s lordship over all creation and is required by His command to care for the well-being of all people.
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
“And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body.” Ephesians 1:22-23a
“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” Romans 13:1
The Latest from The Daily Citizen
- New York Governor Demands that Facebook Crack Down on ‘Misinformation’ About Abortion September 20, 2021
- Abortionists Are Leaving Texas; DOJ Fails in Attempt to Get Heartbeat Law Blocked September 17, 2021
- Ohio Mayor Calls for School Board to Resign Over Inappropriate Sexual Classroom Material September 17, 2021
What is The Daily Citizen?
The Daily Citizen exists to be your most trustworthy news source. Our team of analysts is devoted to giving you timely and relevant analysis of current events and cultural trends – all from a biblical worldview – so that you can be inspired and assured that the information you share with others comes from a reliable source.
Latest from DALYFocus: Jim Daly's Blog
- Improve Yourself, Improve Your Relationships September 17, 2021What’s the single most important thing you can do for your relationship? Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott answer that question with a simple: get healthy. Your relationship with your kids, your friends, and your spouse will only be as healthy as you are. Becoming healthy requires allowing God’s word to higlight your strengths and weaknesses. […]
What is DALYFocus?
Jim Daly is a husband, father and President of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame broadcast. His blog, Daly Focus, is full of timely commentary and wisdom designed to help you navigate and understand today’s culture.
Latest from the PluggedIn Blog
- The Emmys Show That Nice(ish) Guys Can Finish First September 20, 2021
- 100 Days Choosing What to Watch?! September 17, 2021
- Plugged In Pick, TV: Oggy Oggy September 17, 2021