Step 1: Have a “Progressive Dinner” on the town.
Plan a four- or five-course meal and go to a different restaurant for every course.
Step 2: Process what you’ve just experienced together.
- Did both of you enjoy your shared experience? What did you like most about the evening?
- What exactly did you enjoy most about having dinner at several different restaurants all on the same night? How did it make you feel? Did “doing dinner” in this way give you a greater appreciation for the value of changing things up and introducing an element of variety into your date nights?
- What is one thing you learned about me tonight that you didn’t know before?
- How can we cultivate further opportunities to spend time together in new, exciting, and unexpected ways?
Step 3: Home sweet home. Let’s plan our next date!
- Think about other ways in which you can keep changing the pace and rhythm of your dating experiences and bringing an element of unexpected fun into your everyday lives.