(Print this out and take it on your date!)
The Parts and the Whole.
Step 1: Go someplace different for dinner.
Step 2: Putting the Pieces Together.
- Go for a long drive through the city or out in the country, letting one spouse serve as the planner and navigator and the other as the driver.
- Divide the evening into two parts. Spend the first half doing his favorite thing and the second half doing hers.
- Bring a laptop computer to the nearest Wi-Fi café. Take turns surfing the Web and showing each other your favorite content on the Internet.
Step 3: Relax and unwind. Ready to answer a few questions?
- What was your favorite part of the evening?
- What is the one thing you learned tonight that you didn’t know about me before?
- How can I help facilitate your own growth as an individual—spiritually? Emotionally? Physically? Professionally? How can I encourage you and give you the freedom to pursue your own personal growth so that you can make an even greater contribution to our marriage?
Step 4: Home sweet home. Let’s plan our next date!
- Think about additional ways you can grow both as individuals and as a couple in the days ahead.